Energy and Innovation Wananga /Expo -23-24 May
Responding to our energy transition
Murihiku Regeneration, together with key partners, will be hosting its 2023 Energy and Innovation Wananga/Expo on 23rd-24th May at the Ascot Park Convention Centre in Invercargill.
We are living in extraordinary times. The opportunity for the Murihiku-Southland community to respond proactively in the national interest to challenges that include climate resilience, economic disruption, and the need to develop effective social infrastructure is now more important than ever.
Through the emerging energy transition and related climate adaption issues, this will require leadership, regional alignment and priorities and a clear action plan Our kaupapa must consider:
- Certainty around Tiwai Smelter- its future and remediation of the site;
- Climate change, environmental decline and sustainability;
- Identifying and supporting the regional energy transition;
- Identifying related regional innovation and opportunities.
A two day programme for invited participants, to be involved in identifying regional actions for implementation.
Day one will focus on identifying context, strategy and priorities for action that are presenting, grouped into five key foci:
- Strategic context–climate, energy and innovation.
- Applying a regenerative focus –priorities and action.
- Sharing the regional energy plan.
- Key projects – Tiwai and energy
- Social regeneration .
Day two will take us from thinking in context to action - partnerships for regenerative transformation. It will begin with an update on Tiwai remediation programme, look at the Southern Green Hydrogen Project opportunity, and related opportunities for new renewable energy projects.
We are currently in the process of working with sponsors for this event. For those interested in sponsor packages please contact
To find out more:
Venue: Ascot Park Hotel, Conference Centre, Invercargill
Dates: 23 – 24 May 2023
Attendance by invitation only