Supporting Regional Leadership and Coordination
Murihiku Regeneration and the Regional Public Sector Leadership Team have committed to partnering to develop a comprehensive leadership development strategy to support capacity building for the region. This is focused on building cohesion, coordination, and collegiality across all parts of the regional network. This work is led by our Upoko, and through Steph Voight, in her role as MSD Regional Commissioner and the Regional Public Sector Lead.
Our ability to partner for outcomes sits at the heart of this activity – in particular growing the maturity of central and local government agencies to partner with Iwi.
A partnership agreement was signed between MSD and Murihiku Regeneration to set a framework and outcomes for working with government agencies in December 2022, and similar discussions are ongoing with regional Mayors.
The leadership strategy will build off:
- Murihiku Regeneration’s Rangatiratanga, Hokinga Whakaaro Leadership Programme , completed in December 2022, which aimed to support intergenerational succession and effectiveness of papatipu rūnanga, government and non-government, community, and commercial organisations.
- The development of regional leadership Hui to help build alignment and cohesion to support our whanau, communities, and the region as a whole. To date we have had two regional hui.
- 05 April 2023- see our story on this event and feedback on the event will be placed here (when finalised). Please also see the content provided at this Hui on housing and energy.
- Working with Mayors, the Just Transitions Enduring Oversight Group and local leaders to look at how priorities might be developed for Murihiku.
- Working with government agency Chief Executives around priorities and progress.
- Updating Murihiku Hapū and Runaka on activites, progress and inviting participation.
- Growing our intergenerational approach and engaging with rangatahi and our community to build capability.
- Delivering on our Te Ara Aukati Kore workstream to build enduring pathways for our people,
- Major Hui and Wananga - this includes sponsoring and coordinating the Murihiku Regeneration Expo events to help to build up an aligned, connected and coordinated regional approach.